Tuesday, March 20th, 2012
Responsibilities. We have many of them - at home, at work - and yes, even at the box. Here's a list of a few we came up with.
- Be on time and then get on the floor asap.
- Greet newcomers.
- Listen. That means be quiet when the coach is talking.
- Know your numbers. Keep a record and refer to it.
- Communicate with your coaches. Even if you've been doing CrossFit for years, your coaches can still help you. Also, discuss any aches, pains, or similar issues in case workout adjustments need to be made.
- Manage your equipment. Please don't let it bounce all over or crash into things.
- Control your frustration. We all get beat down at times by a WOD or a specific exercise. It's easy to behave in a way our Momma's wouldn't be proud of but that's not CrossFit-esque. To be a champion, you have to behave like one.
- Be helpful but do not coach others. If you think someone is deficient in a movement, encourage your colleague to touch base with TCF staff. This way, you get your work done and we get to do our jobs.
- Put your equipment away and clean up after yourself.
- Work hard and keep trying.
- Encourage others and celebrate their accomplishments.
Workout of the Day (last done 1/29/12)
High Bar Back Squat
3x5 @ 70%
3x3 @ 85%
3x1 for load
7 rounds for time:
7 Power Cleans (135, 95)
QUOTE:"Progress in every age results only from the fact that there are some men and women who refuse to believe that what they know to be right cannot be done." - Russell W. Davenport