1. Be on time. We recognize everyone runs behind now and then but if you are consistently late, we notice that too. Please arrive on time so that you can participate in the warm-up and be well prepared for the workout.
2. Stay for the entire class. If you are done and others are still working, don't ditch out. Your coach may have more work for you but more importantly, stay to support and encourage your fellow athletes.
3. Clean up after yourself. You are responsible for putting your equipment away and cleaning up any sweat or other body fluids you've left on the floor or equipment. Also, don't leave your water bottles, clothes, towels, etc. at the gym.
4. Be mindful of what's going on around you. If the coach is talking, be quiet and listen. If someone is sending a barbell up or whipping through double unders, stay out of their way. If you are dropping your barbell, control the bounce. Pay attention and be courteous towards others so that there are no accidents.
5. Train smart. Accidents and injuries generally occur because people are too greedy and not quite as fit as they think they are. CrossFit will produce the results but not if you're sidelined because you got too cocky.
6. Don't be a jerk. Well-behaved athletes earn the respect of others. We are a community and we will call you out if we need to.
7. Be responsible for your own safety. You know how you feel each and every minute during a workout. If you need to back off, step out, take a break, then do so. Communicate with your coaches and let them help you so that you can finish.
8. Go easy on the chalk. This is not an example of "the more the better."
9. No cheating. If you do, it will get noticed. Earn your score honestly.
10. Manage your mouth. Grunting and yelling are acceptable during a workout and even a curse word here and there. But screaming out a long list of profanities is not.
11. Get involved. Triangle CrossFit is more than just a place to get amazingly fit. We are a family. We host social outings, take part in charitable events, and celebrate life's special moments together. Become involved and experience more than just the workouts.
12. Laugh and have fun. Really. You are blessed and life is too short to be so uptight.