Thursday, October 16th, 2014
There's no doubt that the equipment at TCF gets a beating. CrossFitters work hard and the equipment we use gets the brunt of our efforts. There are, however, things everyone can do to help keep the equipment in the best condition as possible for as long as possible. Take a moment to review the list below to see if you're doing your part.
- Unloaded barbells should never be dropped to the floor unless in an emergency situation, like your hair is on fire.
- Barbells with just steel plates on them should never be dropped to the floor unless again, your hair is on fire.
- Ten pound bumper plates are no where near as durable as we'd like for them to be. Please do not put them on a 45 lb barbell by themselves and then continuously drop it from overhead.
- Kettlebells should never be dropped to the floor.
- Any violent release of the rowing machine handle causing it to slam into the fan cage disturbs the rowing gods. Please place it back into the handle hook to rest carefully until you pull the you-know-what out of it again.
- Jump ropes belong indoors, else they become like whips. And we all know there are better ways to use whips.
Workout of the Day
5 Rounds for time:
Walking Lunges - 50'
15 Deadlifts (225, 155)
15 Hand Stand Push Ups
15 DB Push Press (35s, 20s)
Accumulate 90 seconds of Hollow Rocks and Supermans, rolling back and forth to each without touching the ground. If you do rest, that time does not count.
QUOTE: "Be careful not to compromise what you want most for what you want now." - Zig Ziglar